Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 Middlebury, VT day off



Middlebury Inn - side view
Such a beautiful, pleasant day in Vermont. The Inn served us a buffet breakfast this morning. Afterwards, I cleaned the chain on my bike and Michelle checked out the shifting and tightened the brakes.

Ilsley Public Library

I walked down the hill and explored several shops, bought postcards at Ben Franklin (remember 10 Cent stores?), stopped by the Ilsley Public Library to write cards, picked up a salad for lunch, bought stamps at the P.O. - a nice, peaceful morning. . . Waiting now for tea time at the Inn. Then, returned to Ben Franklin for more cards and to the P.O. to mail them. . . . The day is exquisite - huge white cloud clumps in a blue sky. . . Well, that didn’t last long. . . The sky suddenly changed to black and Middlebury experienced a huge rainstorm. I believe I even heard hail! It’s cleared off again now. . . After all my talk about civility, I walked out of VT Book Store this afteroon to find that someone was hit in the crosswalk out front. The corner was covered with firemen, police, and an ambulance. 

Linda and I walked back to Jackson’s On the River for supper. I had told her about eating on the deck, and she really wanted to do that. It’s right on Otter Creek which is quite a large river. Have just “Googled” Middlebury and will attach the link. I think you’ll enjoy reading the short article and better appreciate this lovely village. Will also add a few of the pictures that I took today. 

http://middlebury.govoffice.com/


One of MANY window boxes
This one's for Daniel
Clever poster

Inside Public Library

Otter Creek






1 Comments:

At August 10, 2011 at 11:09 PM , Blogger Connie said...

Middlebury looks like such a charming town. I so enjoy reading your blog, living vicariously without having to move my legs!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home